In order to participate in experiments conducted at the Laboratory for Experimental Economics, a person has to register online (http://econlab.ucdavis.edu) and sign an informed consent form. The signature can be done at the time of the first participation in a laboratory experiment.
By registering for laboratory experiments, you indicate your intention of taking part in experiments conducted by researchers of the economics department at U.C. Davis.
Rules for laboratory experiments
- For each experiment, a certain number of registered persons will get an invitation email. Only the invited persons have the right to take part in the experiment.
- If you get an email which invites you to participate in a particular experiment, you have to answer positively to this email in order to be able to take part in the experiment. By doing so, you indicate your commitment to participate.
- Participants will receive a compensation amount that depends on the participant's decisions during the experiment.
- During an experiment, each participant will have to act upon the rules stated by the experimentalists in the instructions.
- To ensure that only those undergraduates who have been invited and who positively answered to the invitation email take part in the experiment, you are asked to carry your student ID with you. A participant who does not bring a student ID will not be allowed to participate.
- Please keep in mind that if you agree to take part in an experiment but do not show up or turn up late, then the experiment might be cancelled because of a lack of participants.
If you are not able to attend the experiment, please inform us ASAP.
Moreover, each time you do not turn up for an experiment you have been enrolled in without informing the experimentalists on time or providing any plausible reason, a distinctive mark will be added to your reputation score (see your personal data on the web site once you have registered online). The more distinctive marks you have the lower your chances to be invited for future experiments. Once your reputation score contains three distinctive marks, you will not be invited anymore to take part in experiments conducted by researchers of the economics department at U.C. Davis.
The rules for Internet experiments will be announced at the registration page for the specific experiment.
For questions please contact email@example.com.